|Back to Travel|
|Zachary Lichaa||July 21st 2012|
Thousands of Israelis who planned to vacation over the next month in Burgas, Bulgaria have cancelled their plans, following Wednesday’s deadly terrorist attack against Israeli tourists.
“All the Israelis who bought a holiday package in Burgas, and were due to depart today, have cancelled their trips,” a travel executive with knowledge of Israeli bookings told Globes. “Everyone has been offered an alternative package in Greece.”
According to the publication’s report, 49,000 Israelis chose the Black Sea resort of Burgas as their vacation destination in July and August of last year. At an average cost of $500 per person for a 3 night stay, Burgas is a popular choice for young Israelis on holiday. “All the Israelis who were due to fly today have cancelled. We’ve offered all of them alternatives on the Greek island of Kos,” a spokesman for the Israeli travel site Kavi Hufsha told Globes.
Yossi Fattal, the director of Israel’s Tourist & Travel Agents Association, believes it won’t be long until vacationers return to the Bulgarian resort. “Israelis will return to Burgas, especially the young. The younger the audience, the less sensitive it is to warnings, and Burgas is a destination for the young: the beach parties, the booze, cheap accommodations, and everything that the young look for.”
Zachary Lichaa writes for The Algemeiner, from where this article is adapted.